Ancient myths go high-tech a decade after the New New Zealand Wars.
Safe homes and harbours turn to strangeness within and without.
Splintered selves come together again – or not.
Twelve authors. Thirteen stories. The best short science fiction and fantasy from Aotearoa New Zealand in 2019.
Buy the paperback from us or the ebook from your preferred online store – Amazon, Kobo etc.
- ‘Good Dog, Alice’, by Juliet Marillier
- ‘Te Ara Poutini’, by Nic Low
- ‘Inside the Body of Relatives’, by Octavia Cade
- ‘Henrietta and the End of the Line’, by Andi C. Buchanan
- ‘Hearts made Marble, Weapons Shaped from Bone,’ by A.J. Fitzwater
- ‘Who Watches’, by Rem Wigmore
- ‘The Fisher’, by Melanie Harding-Shaw
- ‘Fission’, by Nicole Tan
- ‘A Shriek Across the Sky’, by Casey Lucas
- ‘Moving House’, by Alisha Tyson
- ‘Proof of Concept’, by James Rowland
- ‘Spontaneous Applause’ and ‘First dispatch from the front’, by Zoë Meager
Volume two in the Year’s Best Aotearoa New Zealand Science Fiction & Fantasy series from Paper Road Press.